Thursday, February 7, 2008

One of the unexpected benefits(?) of having a show about racism!

One of the benefits (benefits?) of having a show about Racism ---

The W. Kamau Bell Curve at The JCC East Bay March 1st & 2nd tickets still available.

--- is that people who see the show end up sending me anecdotes and examples of racist things they have encountered since seeing the show.

I have received an assortment of racism... like a See's Candy Box (or Fanny Mae Candy Box, if you're from The Midwest).

My favorite was the unfortunate story of "The Time That I was Playing Scrabble Online and The Highest Scoring Play Was The Word Nigger" by Brian Rosen (white guy). I'm a big time Scrabble player and I would have played it. Brian didn't. I think THAT is racist.

But many of them are just racist jokes or inappropriate comments or things that make you go, "Ugh!"

But this latest one, texted to me from my good friend and fake manager takes the racist cake...

Drum roll please....

There is a bad of four white guys from Atlanta Georgia called....

The Black Lips.

Don't believe me? here's their MySpace page. Here's their blog. And here's their Wikipedia Entry.

This just where racism turns the page into absolute stoopidity. Of all the names to name your stupid indie band, WHY "The Black Lips"? Cuz you're soooooooooo cooooooooooool that it's clearly meant to be ironic?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!
*said like Steve Martin's classic catchphrase "Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me!"

If I was 10% less full of shit I wouldn't just tell jokes about this shit, I would pull a Doobie Brothers and TAKE IT TO THE STREETS!

Are they a good band? Find out for yourself...



P.S. I don't even have a Wikipedia Entry. Hint. Hint.

P.P.S. The Black Lips are playing for free at Amoeba Records on Friday. I have half a mind to... nevermind.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

let's go an give 'em black eyes.

dammit

Soo up in Canada Alberta has a horrible rate of failing to keep Black students in school. Dropout rates like 40% Caribe black students and 33% Canadianized African students.

So they have decided to........

SEGREGATE!
or something similar, but different


http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2008/01/29/tto-schools.html?ref=rss

Anonymous said...

Add this to your post-show catalogue of racism. I know, sadly, that it's not like you're going to run out of material here, but here you go.

The "Most original costume" controversy photos released... http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/07/ice.photos/index.html

tk

jkt said...

call me disappointed!
for some reason, i thought you were gonna have a video of the doobie doing taking it to the streets.
what a bummer...