Friday, February 29, 2008

Holyfield would consider Tyson fight... SERIOUSLY.

Holyfield would consider Tyson fight

LONDON (Ticker) - Evander Holyfield claims he could meet old foe Mike Tyson for a third time despite both former undisputed world heavyweight champions being in their 40s.

Holyfield beat Tyson in 1996 and 1997 - the second courtesy of Tyson’s infamous disqualification for biting a chunk out of his opponent’s ear - and both men have made several questionable comebacks in recent years.

However Holyfield, 45, has revealed he is considering an offer from 41-year-old Tyson’s camp to meet in the ring for a third time.

“There has been some talk between us,” Holyfield told The Guardian newspaper in London.

“Mike had Jeff Fenech, who’s been training him, call me a few months ago. Jeff says Mike wants to fight me again - but he needs to know if I would agree to it.

Holyfield said he sought assurances that Tyson would turn up and fight.

“I said, ‘It all depends on what they are going to give us - because I’m gonna catch a lot of flak if I say I’m fighting Mike Tyson again. I’ve already said I don’t want to fight Mike no more’,” he added.

“Jeff says, ‘What if Mike gets in proper shape?’ I told him that’s OK but I can’t be part of it if Mike’s going to pull out. Jeff said, ‘The main thing Mike wants to know is if you would be willing to fight him again?’ I said, ‘Yeah, if the price is right, I probably would’.”

...

The password is YIKES! This proves that boxing is ABSOLUTELY dead. If anybody needs me, I'll be watching that organized bar fight that is Mixed Martial Arts.

No comments: