Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Ultimate Karaoke Champion

I'm only half kidding this dude has apparently been in successful Filipino bands for years, and it has all added up to THIS...



If that whet your palette then you can watch the extended remix of the story here...



And this is him in the clip that got him the job. He had no idea that one day he would be doing this same song in front of thousands of screaming fans instead of just a few disinterested drunks. Nobody even really claps at the end and the tables look empty.



I don't know why I like this so much, but somehow it makes me feel all warm inside, while at the same time, it gives me hope for humanity.

P.S.

This is him doing Black dog by Led Zepplin, but weirdly his Robert Plant sounds more like Steven Tyler.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm honestly not sure if they happened at the same time, but hearing that Journey hired a Filipino to be the new lead singer and hearing about the Filipino prisoners doing the Thriller dance in jail, made me so proud to be a Filipino.