Tuesday, April 15, 2008

So The Pope is coming to America...

And the media is all excited about it. THE POPE IS BACK!

But hold on a second... This isn't really The same Pope that we all know and loved. The Pope we liked was John Paul II. That Pope was friendly and cuddly, like a real live Muppet. (well as friendly and cuddly as a Pope can be and still trumpet The anti-gay, anti-birth control, pro-molestation) Catholic religion). But this NEW Pope hates Muslims and spent time as a kid as a Nazi.

Yikes!

See, I think the problem is that people tend to think that The Pope is like Mickey Mouse at Disneyland. No matter who is inside the suit, people want their picture taken with "Mickey".

But I think The Pope is more like The Batman movies. The quality of the product is directly related to who's IN the suit. And currently we are dealing with "The George Clooney Batman Pope".

P.S. I'm not Catholic, but I did go to Catholic school for two years AND my girlfriend is Catholic... but she's also a feminist. Kinda like I hate tomatoes, but I love ketchup.

P.P.S. I can't WAIT for "The Christian Bale Pope"!

1 comment:

Dean said...

Batman Pope? So... vestments with or without nipples?