Thursday, November 6, 2008

Then this happened: SF Chroncile part 2

Below you will see the ten comments written by people who read the Chronicle article and then felt compelled to put their two cents in. HOORAY FREEDOM OF SPEECH!

Add Your Comment

historian_1066
11/5/2008 11:43:41 AM

Well, black entitlement is a big part of racism. When you talk about racism to African Americans , they go, 'That's not me, that's those other people, that's people in Oakland.' If I talk about black entitlement, that's a different thing, and in my life, (black entitlement) creates more racism than a couple of brothas in a Cadillac."

Recommend: (11)(4)[Report Abuse]

historian_1066
11/5/2008 12:06:32 PM

Comedian Southern Bell would like Bay Area residents to know something: Whoever wins the election, it's OK to call Barack Obama evil. "I've been doing some political shows lately, and I always make it clear that my opinion is that he's evil - not just that he's confused, or he's stupid, although he is that too," Southern Bell says.

Recommend: (4)(3)[Report Abuse]

parkinglotpimp
11/5/2008 12:14:16 PM

historian I'll go one further.. That beady eyed guy Bidden looks as evil as Obama. They look like some species you would see in one of the outer planets in Star War. Now, that's just my opinion! It looks like not to many people read this article. I didn't know what the hell the guy was talking about half the time. Maybe the interviewer could have asked more follow up questions so that the guy could had given more of a explanation for whatever he was talking about

Recommend: (4)(3)[Report Abuse]
This comment was left by a user who has been blocked by an SFGate editor.

homer
11/5/2008 1:53:28 PM

Thanks for the recap--this is another comedian I don't have to waste my time or money seeing.

Recommend: (6)(2)[Report Abuse]

mchap
11/5/2008 3:15:49 PM

You said "Racism will not be over if Barack wins." Unfortunately, you are probably right. As long as there are people like yourself that have a vested interest in the perpetuation of racism we will probably never get past it. It would be really nice if we could all try, though.

Recommend: (3)(2)[Report Abuse]

fritz_youth
11/5/2008 3:21:39 PM

"which got him named best comedian in San Francisco by S.F. Weekly" - I must have missed that, it was probably squeezed somewhere between all the hooker ads. I'm betting if I replaced the word "white" with "black" and every derogatory term he uses for whites with a term equally derogatory for blacks I would sound like the Grand Dragon riling up his white robed minions but when this guy does it's his "attempt to take it to a collegiate level. " Darn, these new rules of racism are confusing!

Recommend: (8)(2)[Report Abuse]

Weej
11/5/2008 3:42:53 PM

Wow, this is going a long way toward ensuring that there is no joining together of anyone. What a sad sack this young fella is.

Recommend: (3)(1)[Report Abuse]

dedbones
11/5/2008 5:39:42 PM

Please Mr Bell. Racism is what we are trying to trash. Not much humor in the hard work. Please pick a different subject. Maybe how funny it is to eat eggs from a chicken that can't turn around.

Recommend: (0)(1)[Report Abuse]

panhandler
11/5/2008 5:46:51 PM

Oooh evil comedian! If you can laugh at racism or you can cry about it. I'd rather laugh and poke fun about it the way Lenny Bruce and Richard Pryor did. This guy is not in their league but I think I will go check out his show.

Recommend: (1)(4)[Report Abuse

No comments: